One-Day Workshop on Writing and Publishing Management Research in
Top Tier Journals
Writing and publishing for good quality journals has remained a personal aspiration and also a professional need to excel in academic careers. However, most of the researchers from developing countries struggle to be able to publish in internationally acclaimed, peer – reviewed journals. The researchers are well versed with the research techniques but there is lack of training in drafting a publishable manuscript and the publication process which mainly includes submission and responding to reviewers. Keeping these problems in mind, this one day workshop is arranged to offer useful guidelines to researchers to be able to publish in high quality journals.
Contents of Workshop
- The Research and Publication Imperative in the field of Management
- The Barriers and Motives to Publish – a personal discourse
- The Contribution Continuum: A Management Research Perspective
- Discovering research ideas
- Identification & motivation of a Research Topic
- Drafting an Introduction – mistakes and techniques to avoid these mistakes
- Literature Review – common mistakes and techniques to avoid these mistakes
- Methods – common mistakes and techniques to avoid those mistakes
- Discussion and conclusions – common mistakes and techniques to avoid those mistakes
- The Quality Paradigms: ABDC, ABS, SCOPUS, ISI etc.
- Understanding the theme of a Journal in the field of management sciences
- The Publication Process: Submissions & Responding to Reviewers
Workshop Date & Venue
- Date: 21 December, 2015
- Venue: Re-Royal Hotel, Islamabad-Pakistan
This includes course material, presentations, networking, tea/coffee, and full lunch.
Normal Registration RPKR- 10,000/-
Participants can register for the workshop by filling online Registration Form and by paying fees by depositing cash in the account/ATM Transfer/Cheque/ a bank draft in favor of “ASMMR, Gujranwala-Pakistan”.
Further details are as follows:
- Account Title: ASMMR
- Bank Name: MCB
- Branch Code: 1564-Peoples Colony
- Account No: 0602189501002143
- SWIFT Code: MUCBPKK (for International)
- For Further Contact:
Secretary General ASMMR